Wednesday, July 28, 2004

1st day of school-update

Phew...I'm back in one piece. I swear, anybody who needs to practise his/her patience should be a teacher. The discipline of the class was horrendous!! Till the point where one boy was called up during dismissal time and was asked to stay back by the discipline head, and a group of boys were called out by the principal for apparently bullying their classmate. The latter's mother had complained to the principal. Wow...I was overwhelmed by the barrage of "Teacher, she push me!" or "Teacher, he pull my hair" or the classic "Teacher, can I go to the toilet?". And subsequently, the rest of the class will follow suit. Gosh....gonna have to lay down some ground rules tomorrow.

And that's ONLY discipline part. There's still lots to learn as to how I should deliver my lessons. Well....I don't think it can get any worse than the first day. :) There are compositions to mark.... lessons to prepare...art lessons to think about....*wrings my hands & pull my hair* Argh...

But the kids are really wonderful sometimes....like how they offer to clean the whiteboard. There was this other kid where I met on the staircase and I thought he was from my class 'cos he said "Hi teacher!",  but he wasn't from my class as I subsequently found out. Okay....gotta go do some stuff now. hope everything go according to plan tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home