Sunday, July 18, 2004

Favouritism

I'm officially convinced that my mum practises favouritism; although she always emphasises otherwise. However, a recent conversation with a lady confirmed my assumptions that mothers tend to treat sons better than daughters.  Something happened just know and I'm just to riled up to blog about it. I'm practising self-restraint now..... I didn't even do or say anything wrong...and I was just making a suggestion which was not meant to be serious at all. And straight away my mum(who took it seriously) shot back at me with a "What do you mean by lending it to someone else? Let your brother read first lah.!" Like wtf. I'm sorry peeps....I had to say that. I didn't even mean ANYTHING by my seemingly harmless statement and she had to act oh-so-defensive and "jump to my brother's aid".
 
It really must be the menopause which she's going through. I'm serious man. I was sick and tired of retorting back to her, so i just stood up and walked away to my room partly because I was trying to be defiant and partly because I really wanted to take off my watch and put it in my room. Sigh.... No one will ever know how I feel. Does she know that I'm crying now? She doesen't even know how I feel because I will never tell her. And I will never tell her because every word that comes out of my mouth will be deemed as being "rude" or "defiant" or whatever she calls it but reasoning. So I choose to keep my mouth shut. Doesen't that seem to solve everything? No!
 
I'm sorry for the ranting....had to let it all out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home