Friday, August 27, 2004

Caroline

Hehe....that's my "new" name which some of the teachers know me by. Heh, and it was a teacher who gave me that name cos she said it was too difficult for her to remember and pronounce my name. So ta-da....and it has caught on with quite a number of teachers... :) Gosh, I'm so amused by them. They really do the darndest things some times; not only the kids.

Let me relate to you what actually happened. We were having lunch in the canteen today when an ex-contract teacher came back to the school to visit, so he joined us at our table for lunch too. So I was like "Who's that?", then one of the teachers said "Oh, he was a contract teacher in our school. He is now in NIE." Thereafter, I don't really know what had gotten into their heads, they started to "matchmake" me with that guy!! I thought it was really incredulous...and it all started when this teacher friend, all of 27 years, married, started to say "I wonder if he's single. Go and make friends with him lah." I was speechless. I didn't even know that she was this "playful". I always thought she was so prim and proper....sigh. Another teacher added oil to the fire by saying, "So you want me to introduce you to him or not?" Wah....I really almost died from laughing lor... lolz.

Today....was ok i guess. I'm beginning to feel an affinity to my class. They are like my "bao beis"....and everytime I relieve another P3 class, I always thank God that I didn't have that class. I don't know, i think its quite strange. Its like I can't imagine myself teaching another class besides my class. They are the sweetest things on earth when they do things which are totally out of the blue or impromptu. Haiz....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home