Sunday, September 19, 2004

A fractured finger and a tinge of worriedness

Haha...nope, I'm not the one with the fractured finger. My brother is the one. Actually, the incident happened almost 2 weeks ago...He was playing basketball when it hit him on his right ring finger. There was quite a big swelling but we didn't take much note of it cos he always gets into all kinds of scrapes and bruises. We thought it would go away in a week's time. Especially with a mother who's a nurse. She likes to adopt a wait-and-see attitude. But 2 weeks down the road and the swelling didn't subside so last evening, while sending my mum to work, we decided that we should get an x-ray done for his finger. Haha...got to cut queue(oops)....that's the perks you get when you have a family member who works in the A&E department. And, our suspicions were confirmed. So the doctor put a splint on his finger to hyper-extend the finger, in the hope of fusing the fractured bone together with the original piece of bone. But the doctor warned us that it may or may not work, cos it has already been 2 weeks since it happened. Anyhow, there's a lesson to be learned here. That is not too wait too long before you get an x-ray done to rule out any suspicion of a fracture. Anyway, if you want to take a look at my brother's fractured finger, you can go to his blog.

Ok, I'm not worried about his finger. My worries are something associated with school and the students and the admin work....argh! So many things to do and so litle time to do! Let's see.... I have a whole pile of half-marked english worksheets( ok, ah tay, u win lah), unmarked english compositions. That's just the marking part. I still have not started on my 2 weeks' worth of lesson plans to do which is due on tues. And under a lot of pressure to get 2 or 3 of my students to familiarize/memoroize the three little pigs by wed, for language and arts day.Argh....I'm scared I can't finish all these by their respective deadlines....boo hoo.... :( Help!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home