Thursday, September 02, 2004

happiness, thankfull, greatfull.... humbled.

Heh....Lots to post but so little time. But on the whole, have been very busy last week, things slowed down this week; still a little busy, but very happy!! Hmn....one of the reasons among many is the fact that its my birthday today!! And my very first teachers' day celebration at school. I was so touched when kids whom i taught art to also gave me presents! And the thing was that I didn't even remember their faces! I'm such a failure. Looking at the little cards and presents which they made for you from the bottom of their hearts just really make your day. I realised that it really dosen't matter how long you've taught them for; regardless of whether you have taught them for one year or one month, you have already made an impact on them. And I started feeling guilty after I received somemore gifts because I began to feel that I really haven't done my utmost best as a teacher yet I mean so much to them. And I also began to realise that the younger the students are, the more creative they are in making their cards and gifts. Hmn....you should see some of them, they'll really melt your heart and some others will really just make you laugh till you drop.

The teacher's day concert was another highlight of this week. Some of the performances were really good! Man, even some of the P1 kids can speak and articulate better than some of my P3s!!

Yesterday was one long day man! I was out from 9am-12am. Yup, it's 15 hours!! I think its a record breaker for me, but its the most happening, fulfilling day in a long time. First off was the teacher's day outing at ECP with the teachers. Wow, I really had a great time....and one of the highlights of the outing was me being thrown into the sea not once, but twice! Haha....but I was prepared...

So I left ECP at about 145 pm and made my way down to orchard to wait for Jac to catch a movie together. Thought that we were gonna ctach Quill but they cancelled the 3.30pm show suddenly and the next show was at 5.30pm so it was impossible for us to watch it cos I had to meet my parents for dinner. So we caught Garfield instead....it was ok lah. It was more of a kiddy movie but owells, it was quite funny at times. After that, met up with mum and bro but still had some time b4 6.30pm so made our way down to far east plaza...and lo and behold, we met Sarah there!! Oh gosh! My pri and sec sch friend...studying law at NUS now. Gd for her. It was always her ambition to become a lawyer. Jac and I were pleasantly surprised at meeting her. Thereafter, Jac went off to her dinner with some IC friends and me, to Shima restaurant at Goodwood Park Hotel in celebration of my birthday. Great dinner, was very full. Then, I made my way back to Lido to meet up with J for a second round of movie, this time The Bourne Supremacy. Was really good and totally enjoyed it! Cabbed home and the whole journey was only less than 25 minutes!

Right, now I think I should record my thanks here. First, thanks to God for such a wonderful week. Felt really blessed. Secondly, to my parents for loving me the way I am for all of my 19 years. Thanks especially to Jac, have known her for 6 years already. How time flies. She has been throguh most of my ups and downs with me and is such an indispensable friend. Thanks to all friends old and new, like the teachers at school. Though I've only known them for a short while, I feel quite close to them already. And last but not least, a big thank-you to my students for their time and effort to make all those pretty cards and gifts. For just being who they are. Thank you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home