Tuesday, October 12, 2004

life in the valleys(pt 2)

And the cold war goes on....

On another sad note, a short chat with my kid(BQ) today revealed some disturbing things. It all started when I asked him whether he was feeling alright and whether he wanted to go home. He looked sick... so I felt his forehead and it felt quite warm...but not hot. So I double-checked to see whether he was alright. Again he insisted he was ok. At recess, I made him stay back on his own to do his work but without my supervision. A concerned classmate(G) came up to tell me that his forehead was hot so I said I knew and asked him to go back down and check with BQ again. After recess, he didn't look any better. So I probed again, and he insisted on not going home. Now, earlier on, G told me that he overheard BQ's father calling his son "useless" in mandarin. I didn't belive it...so I asked BQ "Is it because of your dad?" Then he nodded his head. Then I probed further, asking him what exactly did he say. He said, "My father said I was useless, because I always fall sick." I was like #@*%$#*#@!! I was thinking to myself, what kind of father was that??!! And I had to keep a straight face. So I asked him to rest in class. Now, during PE, the PE teacher came to inform me that BQ was running a high fever. So I had no choice but to send him to the GO cos couldn't contact his parents. This time, he was really burning up. Thank goodness there was an icepack. His lips were dry and chapped too...He was a pretty sad sight.... :(

I'm pretty worried for my students, seems that there's a nasty bug going round the class. Already at least 6-7 students are down/recovering from their fever and flu and all sorts of ailments.
Oh God, I pray that those who are sick will recover quickly, and that you will protect the others from falling sick as well. Lord, I pray also for BQ, that you will impart wisdom to his dad, to soften his heart and to heal the hurt upon BQ. Thank you Lord. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home