Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Aloha!

Hi peeps. Can see the mould forming on the blog...dunnoe why...juz dun have the mood to blog. Oh well, exams are over, marking frenzy over, now's the "keying in of remarks" frenzy. Yeah...was quite happy my class did better than CA2...or so I think. Cos they managed to catch up with the class which is supposed to be better than them. So I should be happy right? Not really... I just can't wait for the hols to come....3 long weeks.

Anyway, just a short update on my life....my bro got into Sports School! Gd for him. Think I'm gonna miss him when his school term starts. Cos he's gonna be staying there.

Haha...my kids amaze and amuse me everyday. A kid juz made my day yesterday by saying "Teacher, I think you slimmed down a bit." When I heard it, I almost burst into laughter. Lol...I manged to contain my laughter and sneaked a little smile and ask him whether he was very sure. His group member saw me having a conversation and smiling, decided to be curious and wanted to know what we were talking about. Now, here comes funny part #2. The boy who flattered me said "Aiyah, we're talking about girls' stuff lah. You don't know one." My goodness, I almost died laughing!

Today, this same kid again proved to me that kids are really observant. He made another incredulous statement today. About the way I dress. Today, he said, "Eee, Teacher, I don't like what you are wearing today." And I thought that today was one of the few days on which I thought I was professionally dressed. I was at a loss for words.

Something else happened involving another kid. Now, this boy really ought to take up drama to hone his "talent". Let me tell you what happened. Ok, let me set the scene for you first. I actually called this boy, Shaun, out to tell him not to talk too loudly. And, while I was talking to him, I pointed by finger to him. Now, he apparently found it amusing, so feeling cheeky, he said something to me, at the same time, pointing his finger at me. Ok, have you seen Chinese Opera? The way they use their index fingers when they sing opera? Yeah, something like that. I couldn't bring myself to scold him cos he wasn't intentionally being rude to me. He was just cheeky, so I laughed. Seeing that I was amused, he subsequently acted "gay". You know the way they wave their hands around? Yes, he did exactly that...and imitated a gay exactly to the T. I was totally stunned for the moment. Needless to say, the rest of his classmates were laughing and calling him "gay". Gosh.

Anyway, if you aren't laughing, I don't blame you. This is the best I can do to illustrate what happened. Of course, it is at its funniest when you experience it for yourself.

On another more serious and sad note, a grandfather of my colleague passed away just this afternoon. And it reminded me about my own grandfather, who is staying at a nursing home now as my grandmother is unable to care for him at home. I don't know how much longer he'll live, but we don't exactly have high hopes either. His leg muscles have degenerated so much that he can't walk. Although he remains alert to his surroundings, his memory is failing him and dementia has probably set in. He can converse with you, but he talks about things which have no relation to our conversation with him.

Ah Choy's reflection of the day: Have you ever wondered why graves are known to be one of the "richest" places on earth? This is because when we die, we die with so much hidden potential in us that are yet to be discovered. And we did not make full use of it when we were alive. So, do not make the same mistakes our forefathers did. Instead, make sure you live your life to the fullest each and every day because you never know when it is your time to leave this world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home