Thursday, December 23, 2004

Spent :)

Wow....was out of the day for 14 hours today and am ready to go to lala-land. But I can't resist not blogging about what happened today so I'll make it as short and sweet as possible.

Went to Pulau Ubin today with Jac, T and J. Had lots of fun....Haven't been there to look at the nature so it was the perfect opportunity. Although there wasn't many birds to see and termed "its getting boring" by Jac, I was simply just taking in what I saw. Yeah...we rode around the island which consisted of many uphill slopes; many of which I had to push the bicycle up. I realised how unfit I was. Yes. Ah Choy is unfit! The slopes are terrible lah! So we left the island at about 5.45pm...waited a looong time for a taxi to take me home, rushed through my shower and I was off to a gathering of the "foursome"/"four musketeers"/"four mosquitoes"(as termed by my parents). Luckily dad could fetch me to town....he was preparing to meet up with his colleagues anyway. Lucky me. Thanks dad! *muacks*

Yeah....couldn't miss the gathering for the world! It has been eons since we last met! Haha...It was great...just catching up with each other, especially Lydia...cos she was the "lost one". Lol... Anyway, food at Nooch was so-so... service was awfully bad. Shan't elaborate any further. But company was great! Then walked the streets for a while, Lydia went home first as she was tired so we proceeded to have some coffee. Yeah...just realised that we're all quite heavy coffee/caffeine drinkers. Haha...

Anyway....here comes the "highlight" of my day. Time: 2315hrs. Place: Taka taxi stand. Situation: Long queue. But I queued anyway, cos of one simple and valid reason. It would have taken me 45 mins to one hour to reach Tamp interchange if I took the train. And I had to take a feeder service to reach home, but didn't know what time was the last bus. So I decided to cab home. But from 2315hrs-2350hrs, only 4-5 cabs came. Yes...only that miserable number for a damn long queue. Subsequently, many people dropped out of the queue after realising that cabs were boycotting the taxi stand. So at 2359hrs(or thereabout), this lady couldn't stand it anymore, and finally succumbed to calling for a cab. So the taxi came promptly, and lo and behold, she was going to Bedok! Wow! She turned around to ask whether anyone was going that way. It was an offer too good to refuse so I accepted her offer. Thank God! Had I not did what I did, I think I would still have been standing there waiting fervently in the hope of a taxi to show up(till who-knows-when). And the best thing was....I was over-changed by the taxi-driver! Woohoo! Ok, I shouldn't be rejoicing but it wasn't entirely my fault. I only checked the change when I came out of the taxi and realised he gave me 5 bucks more! Haha...that's his/their retribution for boycotting the taxi stand. God is not blind.

The moral of the story is: Do not ever queue at the Taka taxi-stand after 10pm. Period.
If you have to take a cab, go to the roadside. Taxi drivers are despicable. So what use is the staggered surcharge before midnight? Zilch!

Hmnz...met Jill at Changi. She looks great! Haha...must meet up with her before she leaves in Feb. And...I met Amanda too! At wheelock place...

Tag Replies:
Hink: Hey! how's your hols been so far? Mine's great! Yeah.. I didn't feel the ache that much cos there were more of us playing...:) I realised that its more fun if more people play together. Can't wait for school to start! :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home