Saturday, February 12, 2005

Blessed Chinese New Year

Well...the last few days were pretty hard on the stomach man! Hehe...all the good food....just simply heavenly. And its only Chinese New Year where you get to eat such good food. Just thinking about it makes me salivate. Oh well... had a good break...so now it means getting back to work. Today was...let me see...not so terrifying after all. The day began with all the teachers lamenting about the lack of mood to teach. Hah...so typical right? Then subsequently came the topic of discussion surrounding the issue of having to come back on a friday after holidays. And of course, bringing up examples of other schools declaring it a holiday for students. Muahaha...

Anyway, the anticipated inspection of lessons by NO.1 did not materialise...Thank goodness. So the highlight of the day was the fact that my class was the first to be dismissed! *bliss* Lol.. the reason was that they were well behaved...I was stunned. There was even the comment that they could walk to the gate in 2 straight lines. My goodness, I almost burst out laughing. I fouond the whole thing rather amusing. But I must say that the feeling of being the 1st class to leave the school was quite exhilarating. Haha. Coming a close second was the fact that Clarissa behaved well in my class today. Thank God for Mdm Chee. Heh...she practically sweet talked Clarissa into listening to me I think. Well, all I can say that down's syndrome kids are really an endearing lot. But, it requires patience, love and understanding. Like a double portion of everything.

So Chinese New year is not always about collecting ang pows. Is it? I mean...sometimes, we get so caught up in counting the money that comes in it until we lose the essence of the spirit itself.
Ciaoz.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home