Tuesday, March 29, 2005

discogenic back pain

Yea...new term I learnt today...and my brother has it. Prolly from too much gym and such. Sigh, apparently, even in our teens, our spine is still relatively soft and weak. And in between the vertebrae there are jelly-like substances(fluid-like) like shock-absorbers. And one of those things has a crack in it. Eh, he's lucky the jelly-like thing hasn't started oozing out yet....otherwise, he'll be in serious pain and TROUBLE. So I guess we have to be thankful its just a crack. So, complete rest for one month and physiotherapy and see how it goes. Btw, my dad likes Dr Ben Tan a lot. Says he's a damn nice doctor. Haha. That's so besides the point huh? Lol.

Seriously, if my dad did not insist on my bro going to see him, he would have been still in the dark about what kind of injury he sustained. Cos in the sports school, there was NO ONE to diagnose his injury and all they could do was just give him heat, ice therapy, ultrasound and the latest- traction; all to no avail. There was no improvement and it was just like trial and error. My dad's quite pissed off with the facilities at SS....sigh.

Heh, I'm like multi-tasking right now, sms-ing, chatting AND blogging. Wow. a first! I'm such a busy woman. Yeah right.

Oh yeah...Jac's back! Ahh...time to meet up!

Hope those people who are feeling down will cheer up soon! (u know who u are :) Alright...Ciaoz.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home