Sunday, May 01, 2005

Collision Course

Hmn....seems that the "IN" song for this period of time is Collide by Howie Day. What's with the song man? I mean, yeah its a nice song but now, its like everyone's so into it. Don't get why. Haha...

Well, I'm here to get another bugbear off my chest. The federation is looking like a farce to me now. The man at the top is weird, I honestly do not know what goes on in his mind. I mean, how can a girl, who has absolutely no sailing experience, has been eyed on to sail the 470 with the sole aim of winning and bringing the glory for the federation and the country. I mean, just because she has the suitable height and weight and just because she's a sailor's sister, she has been ear marked to do it. I mean, what has the world come to? Urgh, they believe that sailing skills can be taught to any tom, dick and harry who catches their eye in a very short time. Hmnz, so what happens to those who do not have the ideal height and weight? They train so hard to reach their dream, only to find that they would not be in the best position to be selected though they have put in so much time and effort and are almost there; Just simply because you do not fit in their ideal profile of a champion sailor in international events, where winds are much stronger.

That's probably the reason why I do not sail competitively nor recreationally anymore. I mean, there's no use training so hard when you know the are concentrating on the younger ones who have the potential to excel. I mean, yeah, I still love sailing but many people whom I meet in NSC from time to time, often ask me: "Why aren't you sailing anymore?" I usually do not have a standard answer for them, partly because I do not want to explain myself. I usually sidestep the question, like giving the excuse that im busy or something. Yeah...I know I'm lame...sigh. Can't help it lah. I mean yeah I love the sport, but I'm loving what I do, that is helping out at regattas whenever I can. Where I'm appreciated by nice people there. That, I believe, is my own way of dealing with this situation I'm in.

Haiz...why can't life be so simple...? Simple friendships, with good leaders and managements leading organisations? Relationships which do not incur so much other problems? Anyway, I just had to get it off my chest. Feel better already....glad my advice was of help to Em. *smilez*

Ciaoz. Enjoy what's left of your long weekend ya?

1 Comments:

At 4:13 PM, Blogger maverick said...

who's the girl?
reminds me of someone.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home