Monday, May 09, 2005

snappy red snapper

Hahaha...yeah my title for the day. How sweet. I was snapping at everybody today. I felt so S***** about that...Nic asked me,"What's wrong with you? Marking?" No, it's not the marking, I mean part of a teacher's job IS to MARK. So no problems 'bout that. So what was it that caused me to jump at everbody, you ask. Sian-ness I guess...about my class. About how I feel I haven't really done my best to gear them up for this exams, and how they seem not to be performing up to expectations. I mean, I think I've done all I could, is that not enough? Gosh, I've tried everything, motivational talks, scolding, lecturing, speaking to them real nice...tried to go down to their level...but still... to no avail. And reality hit me hard today, it saddens me. Bah, and it hurts me, to have to scold them. They're such a nice bunch of kids, at least most of them are.

Why on earth am I getting so emotional? It's definitely not that time of the month...its not time yet! Argh. So its just my sensitive side surfacing again huh? Gosh...I hate myself sometimes. Anyway, so tomorrow's a new day, with more markings and another early morning at school. Have a good night's sleep everyone...
[edited]
Oh, I forgot to add that this morning was one of the most productive mornings I've had so far. Having just marked 10 measly comps on Sun night, I had to drag myself up at 5.30 am on Mon morning to continue marking or I would have been slaughtered. So, much to my surprise and delight, I managed to lough through 30 odd compos in about 2 and a half hours. Hmn...not bad at all for someone who simply hates marking compos. *Pats on the back* So I guess there's a silver lining behind my dark grey clouds after all. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home