Thursday, July 28, 2005

'Been there, done that'

Its nearing the end of the week, and I must say it has been an interesting and exciting week. The feeling of going back to school to study is...very nice. :) Its even more heartening to know that this time, I'm studying things which can be applied in years to come when I go out to teach.

So, this week was more of a "feel around" week, meet and make new friends, get accustomed to the way of life(which includes the travellling..), and to bond together as a team. The latter point was because we were required to embark on a project to instil some sense of community involvement in teachers so that we can apply these skills in future. So, there was a team bonding activity today to help us get started. Had a debriefing session, made me reflect and think back on the points made by the trainer. Things like "celebrate each small success that we make" are so vital in working together as a group 'cos humans rely on motivation to get going. Also, many people fail to see the importance of communication, which is very essential if you want your group to succeed working together. Most importantly, we must ditch the "been there,done that" mentality when we participate in team-bonding activities 'cos it defeats the purpose, and each activity we participate in, we can take away different learning points from it. I mean, isn't it so true that we all come from different backgrounds and sometimes, we have to take that into account when conversing or exchanging ideas with that person to understand why he has that ceratin perspective on things. So yeah...very meaningful I must say.

I'm getting into the routine of daily school life, of which travelling plays an important part. However, I do not think I will ever get used to travelling 2 hours to and fro for two years. I have a feeling these two years are just gonna fly by just like that. This routine also includes a big element, that is SLEEP! :) Hehe...yeah I'm sleeping all I can now to prepare for the battles ahead...and looking at my tentative timetable, monday is absolutley crazy. It being the first day of the week, has to start at 8.30am and ends at 4.30 pm!! Grr...they did not coin the phrase "monday blues" for nothing. For the rest of the week its quite alright, end at 3.30pm on 2 days, 1,30pm on thurs, and 10.30am on fridays. How exciting right?

Hokay, will stop here. Too much info divulged already...:P Have a great weekend ahead folks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home