Wednesday, November 09, 2005

fairness?

Well, I must say that I have renewed faith in the SNOC for granting another extension for our SEA Games thrower, Dong Enxin. I must say that I kind of lost all hope when he failed to meet the cut-off and the SNOC showed no signs of giving another extension. This shows that the officials are not so rigd after all huh? Now, its up to him to make the best of the last chance he's given. Hope Ronald Susilo can regain match fitness in time too.

However, the same cannot be said for another situation regarding an NSA. I mean, what's this about granting a subsidies only to the athletes who committed to it beforehand?? Why do you think they had trouble confirming beforehand? Simply because they don't have the funds and means to do so!! And now you are only granting it only to the people who can make a commitment?? What's this?? The irony is, the NSA gave the subsidy to the "talented athletes" who did not want to commit before; as in they were prepared not to go, unless the NSA granted the subsidies to them. Utter rubbish. You can afford to do that, but you just cannot give it to a "normal" athlete who also has the potential in terms of skill? Gosh. Utterly disappointing.

I shan't say anymore, just in case i"m charged under the sedition act. Hah.

Anyway, on another note, a recent eating rendezvous has kind of turned me off seafood for the time being. Actually, more like indefinitely. To cut the long story short, I think I can't stand the taste of raw oysters anymore. Sashimi is fine....but definitely not oysters. Very sad....cos I loved all kinds of seafood. Maybe I should stop going for any kinds of buffets.

But durian mochis and crepes are just heavenly....Ooh. :) Just thinking of it makes me salivate. Okay...getting kinda disgusting here...

Exam is on friday....next paper is on next friday...after that, I'll be as free as a bird! Well, at least for the next 1 month or so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home