Friday, December 01, 2006

sailing camp report

I never got a chance to participate in a sailing camp when I was in TKGS or SA. Thus, the next best thing that can come close to experiencing camp life is to help out in one. One year ago, I helped out too....but this time was different. I was more involved with the kids and their sailing.... Of course, it helped that I knew how to drive a boat and had a considerable amount of sailing knowledge. This year's camp was better organised and I think the kids really benefited from the experience..(notwithstanding my shouting on the water :p) My role was not really one that was set in stone...the line was very blur. I was not really a student, not yet a teacher. Heh, so yup, I guess I had the best of both worlds. But the last 3 days were really fun, I got to learn new stuff(driving a motor boat-rubber dinghy version) So yup. Looking forward to next year's camp as a teacher! :) I am really tired, and it doesn't help to know that I will be under the sun "working" for the next 6-7 days. Gotta have an early night tonight man...I'm still running on adrenaline. No rest for me.... :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home