Saturday, December 16, 2006

walking in a minefield

I really think there should be sensors whenever I hold a conversation with a certain someone about people in general. Just the mention of a name produced a knee-jerk reaction hostile reply. Again, I was thrown off-course. Why must this always happen to me? I feel like I just walked into a booby trap. There was no indication whatsoever that could preempt the outburst. So I beared the brunt of it all. What's new.

Well, I hope that the hols have been an enjoyable one for all you readers. ;) It certainly has been enjoyable for me, if not a busy one. Heh. I think this must have been one of my busiest holiday period so far. Well, its sort of the last one before I plunge head-first into teaching next year. How time flies.

I had a heart-felt conversation with a fellow-coursemate who underwent a tremendous ordeal in the last 5 months. The bottom-line is, her prognosis is very good. The thing is, before I met her yesterday, I could not put a face to her name, and I finally had a chance to meet her, almost by accident! But with God, there is never an "accident". When things happen, they happen for a reason. And I believe that He brought her to the Christmas Concert so that she could experience His love in a real way; after all that she had went through. During my conversation with her, we connected instantly and I really thank God that she was so open in sharing her story with me. Simply put, God is good all the time. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home