Friday, March 30, 2007

passion, drive and enthusiasm

The main key words for the day. And I've heard it for the 2nd time this week. Makes me really think, do we really lack that? Or is it actually the system which does not allow us to show that? Not to mention, peristence, perspective and being proactive. What's up with all the 'P' words man. Argh. As I've mentioned to M, this is the first time in my whole teaching "career"(of 1 year and 3 months) that I've felt overwhelmed and feel like its just too much for me too handle.

Well, I don't know. I just have to ride it out and see how it goes. I'm beginning to regret my decision.

Chats with teachers revealed much about her. But there you have it, a school with teachers who are unhappy but afraid to speak up. I'm speechless.

This week has really been a horrible week, except for a silver lining yesterday, which got my self-esteem up to normal levels, but was totally pulled down again after what happened this morning. I'm actually looking forward to the end of this madness.

I don't particularly like having to live up to others' expectations of me just because I'm in this profession. Enough said.

Thought of the day: Are the youth of our society becoming less resilient?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home