Saturday, November 10, 2007

update!

Wow! I've neglected this blog for a total of 3 weeks. I think its the longest hiatus ever. Looks like there'll be more of me disappearing from this blog in time to come. I noticed a trend...if there are regular updates, it means either I have a lot of time or that I have things to b**** about. On the other hand, if there is a lack of updates, either I'm swamped with work or everything in my life has been going smoothly.

So how did I come to this conclusion? A friend commented that I have not blogged for a long time so I told her that I was busy and there was no need for me to blog. haha. Which was true because I was busy marking exam papers, going through revision for the exams and lots of other admin stuff. There wasn't much happening on the family front too so yup. Anyways, I'm quite thankful that the school year is coming to an end. Thankful that I survived with just a few scratches and bruises, nothing serious. Upon reflection, though it has been the toughest period(5 months) of my "teaching career", I think I'm better prepared for even greater challenges ahead. Put on more body armour, grow thicker skin and brace myself. Really, there's a lot to be learnt from these few months.

I believe that the obstacles were there for a reason, to remind me that teaching will not always be smooth sailing. There will be "tests" to test our strengths of character. to give us something to be busy about. Also, I believe that God is fair. He doesn't just test us, He also reassures us. Judging from what I saw today, I think I might have an easier time with this batch of pupils next year. Don't really want to jinx it by talking about it, but I'm having good vibes. *keeping my fingers and toes crossed*

so basically, life has consisted of bonding sessions with colleagues(karaoke) and even blading(akan datang). also dinners with family, watching tv shows, catching up with sleep.... watched rockapella with a colleague just last week. enjoyed it thoroughly! a very talented group. took my breath away. very obliging with encores. caught up with one of my sailing juniors over dinner this week. life's been great! can't wait for hols though. 2 weddings on my calendar, one overseas trip, one regatta.....blading sessions. Wow! *rubs hands in anticipation*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home