Thursday, December 20, 2007

in a nutshell

Well, it's nearing the end of 2007 and I thought it'll be good to have a blog post to round up my year. I was going to put up a short post regarding Miss Clarity Cafe and the whole experience of eating at the branch in Katong which is just beside TKGS. As we parked the car, I noticed that this was the closest I have been to TKGS in 6 years I think. Looking into the school compound, it brought back many memories, mostly fond. Those 4 years, you could say were the most exciting and enjoyable of my formal education years. So yep. Anyway, in short, the food was excellent, family enjoyed the food and we are sure to come back for more! Love it!

So since I've started reminiscing about the good old days at TKGS, I'll just look back at this year in brief(hopefully). :P

I was just talking to a friend on MSN and we were talking about how this year was a year of many firsts for both of us. For me especially, think that this year I was in a lot of situations which required me to be out of my comfort zone and also trying out new things which I haven't done previously. My friend says it's because I've started working formally so it's a natural progression so to speak. However, I beg to differ lah. I think we as human beings, we make conscious decisions everyday which will determine the path that we take. I believe that life is seldom about coincidents and accidents; instead its about making choices for the life you wanna lead. Conscious decisions... And I truly believe that I have grown as a person this year. The experiences I've had this year, have really moulded me into the person I am now. My cousin and good friend, H, commented that I have mellowed down, and I agreed with her. Its all about making a conscious effort lah. (:

So looking ahead to next year, probably the focus for me will be a more balanced life in terms of work and leisure. Have to focus a lot more on my job I guess, cos moulding the young is a serious job. And of course, have a bit more time for myself to keep fit especially.

Sigh, I think working really makes a person "older" in a sense. Greater maturity, more thought in actions etc.

So yup, well, this is as succinct as I can get. Haha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home